FRENCH HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
It is one of the highest ranked health systems in the world and often the first in terms of population health level and infrastructures.
This system is patient centered with a policy of equal access for all citizens which ensures a high standard of care and consistency in the services provided across the health facilities Network.
- System focused on the Patient-Doctor relationship with a strong personalisation of care protocols.
- Patients are free to choose their doctor as well as their General Practitioner and Medical specialists or Surgeons.
- Doctors and surgeons pay attention to the particular wishes and needs of the patient and their family.
- France is already a multicultural country familiar with and committed to respecting everyone, regardless of culture and religion.
France is innovative and leading the way in terms of advanced medical technologies.
NO WAITING LIST
- The high density hospital network and the large number of physicians ensures a high availability level for all kinds of procedures, medical treatments andsurgery, there’s usually no or very short waiting lists.
- More than 2100 facilities offer care to the population, with the majority of hospitals being multi-disciplinary and familiar with various kinds of pathologies.
- Access to public or private practice is the same in terms of refunding healthcare costs for French patients and all European union Citizens.
SYSTEM OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
The French Healthcare System is open to International patients. Many foreign residents and medical travellers are already taking advantage of excellent health facilities all over France…
- Payment or refunding may vary depending on the patient status and citizenship, however rates for hospital stays are fixed by the French government.
- Rates are the same all over the French territory as long as the facility is subsidised and certified by the health administration.
Everybody has heard about the French « way of life », luxury, wine and fashion, but who really knows the French Healthcare System ?
We frequently hear very good feedback about the healthcare system, however it seems that foreign people view it as a closed system, reserved for the French population and not easily accessible.
- It is difficult to obtain information about the most renowned medical teams andthe most effective healthcare facilities.
- No publication or ranking is easily accessible from a foreign country and especially in a foreign language.
- When discussing one’s own medical case, one has to ask the question of data confidentiality and security, and it’s impossible to know if the required travel is possible, if the considered procedure is conceivable and what the level of at no risk ?
- How to avoid a last minute cancellation ?
- And finally consideration for the logistics in a foreign country, communication in another language, even though the majority of French healthcare professionals speak and understand English…